Statistics Denmark implement an EU-financed Twinning project in Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Our partner is Department of Statistics of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (DoS).
The implementation is done in close cooperation with the Federal Statistical Office in Germany, The Italian National Institute of Statistics and Statistics Lithuania as Junior Partners, with support from Statistics Finland. The project will run from September 2022 to September 2024.
The overall objective of the Twinning Proposal is to strengthen the capacity of Jordan’s Department of Statistics in terms of compilation, analysis and reporting of statistical data in line with International and European best practices with the flowing two specific objectives, which will contribute, to delivering the strategic goals of the statistical system in Jordan.
- Specific Objective 1: To strengthen and develop Jordan’s business and population statistics in line with best international practice through the incorporation of administrative data sources.
- Specific Objective 2: To enhance DoS statistical outputs by developing new policy-oriented statistics and updating and strengthening current methodologies, particularly for survey-based data.
The project is structured around three components:
- Component 1: Integrated administrative data system
- Component 2: Small Area Statistics
- Component 3: Missing or erroneous data