Standard goods classification for transport statistics (NST 2007), v1:2007
The Standard goods classification for transport statistics abbreviated as NST (2007), is a statistical nomenclature for the goods transported by four modes of transport: road, rail, inland waterways and sea (maritime).
As NST 2007 considers the economic activity from which the goods originate, each of its items is strongly connected to an item of the European Union product and activity classifications Classification of products by activity (CPA) and Statistical classification of economic activities (NACE), which themselves are consistent with their counterparts at UN level, CPC and ISIC.
This classification is covered by Regulation (EC) No 1304/2007 of 7 November 2007 amending Directive 95/64, Regulation (EC) No 1172/98, Regulations (EC) No 91/2003 and (EC) No 1365/2006 with respect to the establishment of NST 2007 as the unique classification for transported goods in certain transport modes.
1: Products of agriculture, hunting, and forestry; fish and other fishing products
- 01.1: Cereals
- 01.2: Potatoes
- 01.3: Sugar beet
- 01.4: Other fresh fruit and vegetables
- 01.5: Products of forestry and logging
- 01.6: Live plants and flowers
- 01.7: Other substances of vegetable origin
- 01.8: Live animals
- 01.9: Raw milk from bovine cattle, sheep and goats
- 01.A: Other raw materials of animal origin
- 01.B: Fish and other fishing products
- 2: Coal and lignite; crude petroleum and natural gas
- 3: Metal ores and other mining and quarrying products; peat; uranium and thorium
4: Food products, beverages and tobacco
- 04.1: Meat, raw hides and skins and meat products
- 04.2: Fish and fish products, processed and preserved
- 04.3: Fruit and vegetables, processed and preserved
- 04.4: Animal and vegetable oils and fats
- 04.5: Dairy products and ice cream
- 04.6: Grain mill products, starches, starch products and prepared animal feeds
- 04.7: Beverages
- 04.8: Other food products n.e.c. and tobacco products (except in parcel service or grouped)
- 04.9: Various food products and tobacco products in parcel service or grouped
- 5: Textiles and textile products; leather and leather products
- 6: Wood and products of wood and cork (except furniture); articles of straw and plaiting materials; pulp, paper and paper products; printed matter and recorded media
- 7: Coke and refined petroleum products
8: Chemicals, chemical products, and man-made fibers; rubber and plastic products ; nuclear fuel
- 08.1: Basic mineral chemical products
- 08.2: Basic organic chemical products
- 08.3: Nitrogen compounds and fertilizers (except natural fertilizers)
- 08.4: Basic plastics and synthetic rubber in primary forms
- 08.5: Pharmaceuticals and parachemicals including pesticides and other agro-chemical products
- 08.6: Rubber or plastic products
- 08.7: Nuclear fuel
- 9: Other non metallic mineral products
10: Basic metals; fabricated metal products, except machinery and equipment
- 10.1: Basic iron and steel and ferro-alloys and products of the first processing of iron and steel (except tubes)
- 10.2: Non ferrous metals and products thereof
- 10.3: Tubes, pipes, hollow profiles and related fittings
- 10.4: Structural metal products
- 10.5: Boilers, hardware, weapons and other fabricated metal products
11: Machinery and equipment n.e.c.; office machinery and computers; electrical machinery and apparatus n.e.c.; radio, television and communication equipment and apparatus; medical, precision and optical instruments; watches and clocks
- 11.1: Agricultural and forestry machinery
- 11.2: Domestic appliances n.e.c. (White goods)
- 11.3: Office machinery and computers
- 11.4: Electric machinery and apparatus n.e.c.
- 11.5: Electronic components and emission and transmission appliances
- 11.6: Television and radio receivers; sound or video recording or reproducing apparatus and associated goods (Brown goods)
- 11.7: Medical, precision and optical instruments, watches and clocks
- 11.8: Other machines, machine tools and parts
- 12: Transport equipment
- 13: Furniture; other manufactured goods n.e.c.
- 14: Secondary raw materials; municipal wastes and other wastes
- 15: Mail, parcels
- 16: Equipment and material utilized in the transport of goods
- 17: Goods moved in the course of household and office removals; baggage and articles accompanying travellers; motor vehicles being moved for repair; other non market goods n.e.c.
- 18: Grouped goods: a mixture of types of goods which are transported together
- 19: Unidentifiable goods: goods which for any reason cannot be identified and therefore cannot be assigned to groups 01-16.
- 20: Other goods n.e.c.
|Name||Valid from||Valid to|
|Standard goods classification for transport statistics (NST 2007), v1:2007||January 1, 2008||Still valid|